Oh...My...Goodness!
This is a magical cookie and certainly one of the best I've ever made! It seems everyone I share them with, falls in love with them. They are just the right amount of chewy and crispy all in one bite.
This is a magical cookie and certainly one of the best I've ever made! It seems everyone I share them with, falls in love with them. They are just the right amount of chewy and crispy all in one bite.
Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 10oz package of Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips
Directions
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- In a large mixer, beat the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt until it becomes creamy
- Add eggs. Make sure to beat them well
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa, and baking soda
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture and beat until everything is blended well. The batter will be stiff
- Add the mint chips. I did this with my mixer, but think it'd probably be better to do it by hand
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet. I use a small ice cream scooper (designed for cookie batter) to ensure a consistent size. And I slightly greased my cookie sheet, because my experience with my cookie sheets is: everything sticks!
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. 8-9 minutes I find leaves the cookies slightly moister/chewier. Cool slightly then move to a wire rack
- ENJOY! Whether they are warm or cool - they are delicious!
| Recipe courtesy of: www.food.com |
No comments:
Post a Comment